A new Pokémon goes character has been introduced. This character has some qualities which make capturing it a bit difficult than others. Here you find a complete guide about capturing this character with the help of snapshot mode.
Recently Pokémon Go introduced a character named Smeargle and as it is a new character in the game, there are very few players who have captured it. Still, many are trying to capture it or finding a way to add them to their collection. You can’t find this Pokémon in the wild. There is a method to capture it, in which you have to follow some simple steps. For this method, you have to allow permission of the camera so that the game can access it.
To capture this Pokémon, you have to use a new feature of the game called Snapshot Mode. This mode added from the last update of the game. In this mode, you can take the photo of the Pokémon. There is a chance that Smeargle will photobomb. If this character does this, you have to follow these simple steps to capture it:
- Open the gaming app.
- Go to the section named as Your Items. Here you have to select any Pokémon as per your preference.
- After that, click on the icon of the camera showing in the right corner at the top.
- Take pictures of the selected Pokémon, and just exit the mode.
- Navigate your photo gallery keeping the background yellow. Here you have to search that did it photobombed as per the habit.
- If not repeat the above steps till it did.
- When you see Smeargle in any photo, just exit from the gallery, now you will notice the Smeargle will present themselves as a Pokémon in the wild.
- Tap on the Pokémon and from here on all you have to follow the normal process (which is used for capturing other wild Pokémon).
Tips about catching Smeargle
- There are many tips to consider when it comes to capturing the Smeargle in Pokémon Go:
- The maximum limit to catch the Smeargle per day. This rests automatically as per local timing (at midnight).
- The Pokémon that is selected for the photo does not affect the chances of appearing of the Smeargle.
- There is no certainty regarding the appearance of Smeargle.
- Smeargle copies the movement of that Pokémon in whose photo it appeared in the first place. So use those Pokémon that you prefer to add in your collection.
- This Pokémon is not able to copy completely, and it can’t learn two different Pokémon’s moves.
- Catching this Pokémon provides you with the new badge of Cameraman.
- After appearing in the photo, Smeargle will live in the wild for one hour. After that, he will disappear.
- This Pokémon can appear in the different Pokémon pictures on different days. So don’t think that if you keep using the same Pokémon again, it will appear automatically.
- Smeargle also has the tendency to run away from you, so make sure that you have thrown some Razz Berries to keep them in the near vicinity if you want to capture it.
That is all you have to know about Smeargle. Sometimes it take longer for some players before this Pokémon present itself. So keep using only those Pokémons which you prefer in your collection (because it copies the tricks and movement.) So go ahead and enjoy the game and this Pokémon in your collection.
Gerry Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.