Google Photos provides one of the best arrangements, but it sometimes fails at the task as well. However, it has many features like arranging a particular image/photo to a dedicated face group that you have created or labeled.
To arrange your images in Google Photos, you have to label or create some specific folders for a particular group of photos associated with one person.
Face Recognition Feature Helps Quick Searching
If we want a particular photo, then we can search it by navigating to the specific folder or face group where we kept a specific type of photos. It organizes your pictures and keeps the memories safe on your Google account.
Face Recognition Issue by Google Photos
Sometimes, Google Photos make mistakes, and it doesn’t recognize a person. It merges your images to the other person’s folder if you are alike.
This issue arises when there is more than one person in a particular photo album, and two-person resembles the same face structure.
So, in this article, we are providing steps and methods to troubleshoot the issue of mismatching or face recognition issues in Google Photos.
Follow these steps if you have an issue regarding Google Photos face recognition:
Turning On the Face Recognition Feature on Google Photos
Follow these steps to activate the face recognition feature on Google Photos:
- First of all, you have to install a particular VPN on your handheld device. You can install any of the VPN services for this task.
- After that, make an account and then connect to the US-based server through a strong internet connection.
- Then, launch the “Google Photos” application on the smartphone.
- After that, hit the “Settings.”
- Now, choose the option “Group Similar Faces” to activate this function.
- Next, detach from the specified VPN.
- Then, modify the album dedicated to “People” having the images of your family members and friends.
Removing Wrong Folder Photos
Here we are providing some steps to troubleshoot this issue, follow them:
- Firstly, launch the “Google Photos” located on your PC.
- After that, expand the face group that is causing the issue.
- Now, navigate to the menu icon located at the top-right side edge of your screen.
- Then hit the “Remove results” option there.
- After that, select those photos you wish to remove from the folder.
- Finally, tap on “Remove” option.
- After that, your images will show on your screen.
Note: The removed images won’t go anywhere; they will vanish from that particular folder.
Combining Face Groups
Follow these steps to merge multiple face groups having images of a single person:
- Firstly, you have to label one of your face groups by name or even nickname.
- Then, label the second face group through suggestions that resemble the same name.
- Now, Google will ask you whether you wish to merge both the groups.
- After that, hit the “Yes” tab for your consent.
- Now, both the groups will merge and combines to one.
Deleting Face Group from Search
You can use the search page to delete any of the face groups you desire.
Follow these steps to remove a face group through the search page:
- First of all, navigate to the upper-right hand side of the page and then tap on the menu icon.
- After that, choose the option “Show and Hide faces.”
- Then, hit the person that you wish to delete from the dedicated search box.
- Now, once you complete all the steps mentioned above, tap on “Done.”
Modifying Feature Photos
You can modify the featured images for a specific face group in the following ways:
- Firstly, tap the “Google Photos” to launch.
- Navigate to the section “People.”
- After that, choose your desired group and then tap on the option “More.”
- Then, select the “Change feature photo” option.
- Next, hit the fresh image you wish to use and save your modifications.
Harry Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding office.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.