Have you ever faced a situation where you want to donate something for a charitable cause but don’t know where to approach? This is quite a common dilemma faced by those who want to donate things for the needy. One of the easiest ways to help the needy without yourself practically losing anything is to donate your old clothes. They might be undersized for you, but they can still be used by someone else.
In case if you are wondering where to donate old clothes in Delhi, you would be pleased to know that there are several NGOs in the city which collect old clothes and distribute them among the deprived. Here are some of the most popular and reliable organizations:
- Goonj: Goonj happens to be one of the most reputed NGOs operating in Delhi. They are known for their various development activities, which include the improvement of infrastructure. Rather than a usual program for distributing clothes among the poor, they have come up with an innovative program named ‘Cloth for Work’. Under this program, they employ the needy in various activities like recharging ponds, repairing roads, etc. In return, they are given clothes. In this way, Goonj helps the poor, creates employment, and develops infrastructure.
- Pahel: This NGO has been formed by professionals from various occupational backgrounds. The pahel regularly organizes various camps where they distribute the collected donations among the poor. You may get in touch with them, schedule a donate clothes pick up and give away the clothes you do not need anymore. Apart from the distribution of clothes, other welfare activities related to healthcare and education are also provided in the camps organized by Pahel.
- Uday Foundation: Another NGO where you can donate old clothes in Delhi is Uday Foundation. They are well-known for their dedication towards the welfare of the homeless, disaster survivors, and children with special needs. You can give them all your old clothes which are still in wearable condition. You just need to give them a call and get them to arrange a pickup.
- Asha Bhawan: This NGO works for the rehabilitation of drug addicts and betterment for the homeless. They have multiple centers in Janakpuri, Govindpuri, and Gurgaon. Over the years, they have also expanded their operations to other states, such as Kerala, Assam, Punjab, Nagaland, etc. They accept a variety of items, such as clothes, toys, books, construction materials, and more. If you have ever wanted to help drug addicts return to the normal stream of life, Asha Bhavan is a good option for you to donate old clothes to.
- Dream Girl Association: This NGO provides young girls with necessary shelter, clothing, and food. If you are wondering “Where can I donate old clothes near me?’, you may donate to them any clothing or toys which would be suitable for children up to 14 years of age. The donation process is quite simple. You just need to visit their website and fill up a form.
Whenever you think of just throwing away your old clothes, think of the happiness and joy you could bring to those in need. After all, you yourself don’t need those clothes anyway. Donating your old clothes is a good way to serve the society. Proceeding with your noble task through NGOs would ensure a hassle-free experience for you.